Wednesday, September 6

and that's what tortures me

I've finally watched every single episode of Arrested Development. I've also finally seen The Jerk. Yes, I spent too much of my extra-long weekend watching movies. I think this is because of the sudden onset of seasonal allergies. I do not know where they came from, but they push me to the point of blowing my nose in public, something I've never been able to bring myself to do in the past. How embarrassing.

At Party in the Park, the Women's Center, whose table was right next to our "stage" and whose tablefront was graciously donated to us as banner space during our show, approached me five minutes before our showcase was to end in order to ask me to have our banner removed from their table. Before I could even respond or rebut, I was told it was due to "the content of the performers." My feelings were hurt and I was confused, but I didn't put up a fight. Meagan, the organizer of the community stage, did the best she could for us overall, but basically noone showed up at the park, even on the gorgeous day that we had. Seeing the turnout was very sad and I think Party in the Park is on its last legs.

Today, I'm hungry. I want to take this blog down. I'm also planning Funniest Comic in Madison 2006 and I think I may be just having trouble multi-tasking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe by 'content of the performers' she meant 'kendra's sexy body is too much for us to deal with... funny, sexy wisconsin strippers are not what we stand for'

Daniella Maria said...

take it down? dont you know i check it two.. three.. four times a day to see if you've posted. oh, kenny. what a silly thought. please keep posting.

p.s. thanks for a fantastic weekend. i had so much fun i cant even begin to tell you. i'm so very lucky to have made friends with you