Monday, January 15

hydrocodone/guaifenesin expecto-RANT

There it went, folks. I've done lost my voice. All I do is whisper these days. (Funny thing about whispering? People will whisper back without even thinking about it. Try it--I don't know why it works, but it does.) (Upon hearing me, people ask, "Oh, are you sick?" I think, "No, I sound like a dead hooker by choice. I'm sick of people asking me if I'm sick." I say, "I think it's on its last legs.")

I feel good enough, but loopy on this codeine cough syrup. (At work, even.) However, I do have a show coming up Thursday a the Comedy Club, and Emo Phillips is headlining. I don't really think he's that funny anymore, but it's goddamned Emo Effin Phillips, and I'm a total starfucker. If anything, I want to be able to say that I've done a show with him. But without a voice?

What do I do folks? Do I do my set with a whisper or do I pull out from the gig on Thursday?

2 comments:

The CDP. said...

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Emo_Philips

Kenny said...

So, I'm doing it. I only have a half-whisper.