Swanky work holiday party tonight at The Concourse. Not my work, though. My date is a scientist. I'm bringing her a corsage as a token of my appreciation. Free food, open bar--I'm banking on having an alright time. Along with my Chicken Carciofi, I found this available to me, as well.
Here's the list I've submitted for requests:
Mr. Big- I'm the One
Extreme- More than Words
Billy Ocean- Get out of my Dreams
Otis Redding- Try a Little Tenderness
The Ronettes- Be My Little Baby
Eddie Money- Take Me Home Tonight
The Dixie Cups- Chapel of Love
The Crystals- And Then He Kissed Me
The Hollies- Air that I Breathe
Whitesnake- Here I Go Again
Johnny Cash- Jackson
Patsy Cline- She's Got You, Crazy, Sweet Dreams, Walkin' After Midnight
Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton- Islands in the Stream
Bonnie Tyler- Total Eclipse of the Heart
Clarence "Frogman" Henry- (I Don't Know Why) But I Do, Ain't Got No Home
Freddy Fender- Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
The Beatles- Oh! Darling
Rolling Stones- You'll Lose a Good Thing, I'm a King Bee, You Can't Always Get What You Want, She's a Rainbow
Fats Domino- Ain't That a Shame, I Want to Walk You Home, Whole Lotta Loving
Any artist- When the Saints Go Marching In
Carl Perkins- Honey Don't
Juvenile- Back That Azz Up
Anything by Master P
Mary Chapin Carpenter- Down at the Twist and Shout
Anything by The Yardbirds
Los Lobos- I Got Loaded
Wanda Jackson- Let's Have a Party
Hank Williams- There's a Tear in my Beer
George Thorogood- One Bourbon, One Scotch, and One Beer
Al Green- Let's Stay Together
Lynryrd Skynyrd- Free Bird
Thin Lizzy- The Boys are Back in Town
Bob Seger- Night Moves
Blue Oyster Cult- Dance the Night Away, Takin' Care of Business, Godzilla
Roy Orbinson- Crying, Only the Lonely
The Flying Burrito Brothers- Do Right Woman
Anything by Emmylou Harris
Bruce Springsteen- Reason To Believe
I don't care what you think, but if you judge me, I'll gut you.
6 comments:
That is the electronic version of standing in the back yelling free bird.
I love it.
By the way, you missed "Baby Got Back"
What? No Journey???
Just an FYI--the only song they played for me was 'Let's Stay Together.'
Those guys were straight-up motherfuckers.
'Don't Stop Believing' makes me tear up in a completely un-ironic and up-hipster way.
That's the exact song I was going for, CDP. It is one of the only songs that I have heard an entire bar break into song over at 4:30 in the AM. One of the greatest songs ever, no matter how cheesy it is.
Kenny - sorry they shafted you on the requests. I'm going to drink beers all night long in protest.
You both should know that when I Gomeroke (live band Karaoke), if I'm not P. Cline-ing or Blondie-ing, I'm Journeying. Always.
Leaving "Don't Stop Believin'" off the list was a huge oversight.
Post a Comment