Thursday, January 10

Ba ba ba ba baa, ba ba ba ba baa...

I was just on hold with a pharmacy, returning a phone call to verify a dose change, snoozaxing in my office. (Hey, I have an actual office. It has a door AND a mini-fridge. And a window.) While on hold, 'Take a Chance on Me' starts wafting statically into my earholes. Naturally, I put the line on hold, place the handset back into the cradle, and then press the extension button.

When I do so, the beautiful tunes float around my thirteen-by-thirteen foot coffin, out my door, through the hallways of my department. I chair-dance, rolling myself around as I rock my hips and shake my fists, bopping my ponytail as I jut my chin out to the rhythm. It's maaa-gic.

I don't know if my day can be made any better. I already took the morning off. I stopped for a delicious hot veggie sub for lunch. God damn.

God damn.

EDIT: Speaking of Gods and damns, this past Sunday was Twelfth Night/Kings' Day. We forgot to go to the Balls that night! To make up for it, go check out the Balls over here. Anyway, it means it's carnival season. (Think Creed--"Car-Na-Vahl.") I'm going to bring a king cake into work again pretty God damn soon.

2 comments:

JT said...

That song is dangerously addictive.

Kenny said...

You're tellin' me.