Or, how about, "Take it from me, a guy who has mouth sores. I know the value of a mouth without sores..." (In mock-Brian Wilson form)????????????
We went out with Nancy, Jimby, the grandma, and the little brother for a late lunch yesterday. Jimby gave me a present, a trilogy of John Candy movies: Uncle Buck (which I already own, but it's good to have a spare), The Great Outdoors, and Going Berserk. Fucking Eugene Levy. I don't care what you say; John Candy was a sexy motherfucker. I remember thinking he was sexy back when I was just a tot watchin' Uncle Buck for the first time. Did I just say 'motherfucker'? Inappropriate.
Hey, I'm so excited. I'm so excited! I'm so...scared!
I'm pulling out the curse words and Saved By The Bell quotes. It's too early on a Monday to not. I just made some plans for Spring Break in March.
First, we gonna go watch dat river turn green. Maybe even from a boat.
Third, we're gonna go to Murphy's for a friggin' red hot walked through the garden. I eat the pepper. However, I don't think we're going to go to Wiener's Circle (that is it's correct spelling), because after watching This American Life devote an act to the history of its well-known abuse, I don't think I want to participate in it anymore. And Ira Glass is a friggin' dreamboat. Plus, we went there (twice) last time we were in town, and the chardogs were friggin' burnt as hell and tasted like butthole. Sometime later on the trip, we will go to Superdawg for the atmosphere and Hot Doug's because for the quality.
And we're staying here. I just booked the room. It' s official.
I should mention that the day will be capped off with a sold-out show at Old Town School of Folk Music, because I scored a pair of tickets to see the Magnetic Fields, one of my favorites.
I'm bragging. Can you tell?


No comments:
Post a Comment