I've been listening to music much more than I had been, as I gave myself a graduation gift--a Nano. Four new albums have been on repeat since the purchase:
1) A compilation Kitt made for me
2) Dirty Dancing Soundtrack- 20th Anniversary Special Edition
3) some Motown CD that has tons of old Little Stevie Wonder tunes
4) Reigning Sound- Time Bomb High School
I feel lighter, though I don't look it. I had a nice moment while catching up with an old high school friend, reviewing the response I was about to send off, realizing that I have never been happier in my life than I am right now. I really wanted to add a "despite blah blah blah" clause on the end of that, but I won't.
Kitt's compilation CD turned out to be half Thao Nguyen and the Get Down Stay Down and half M. Ward. All of the Thao Nguyen is right up my alley, as it were, especially the song "Bag of Hammers." Oh, and Lil Stevie Wonder is blowing my mind, also. "Fingertips Part 2" hits every single mark from a couple different angles for me. Why the hell am I talking about music?
Here's the point: I've been pretty busy the last few weeks.
1) Graduated
2) Moved
3) Put on a comedy show
4) Had my first interview for a position outside of WI
5) Started something that I don't think I'm tough enough to handle
Listen, people. If I don't number things, then I tend to lose count. It quantifies my existence and plugs a very large hole in my heart.
***
"And as sharp as I sting
As sharp as I sing
It still soothes you
Doesn't it
Like a lick of ice cream."
No comments:
Post a Comment