
Last night, my mom called me right when I returned from work and was about to crack open a huge beer. Naturally, I acted annoyed. I was annoyed.
"Kenny, did you pay your student loan oh, and do you have a dress picked out for Abby's wedding and oh, I ran into Tammy at the beauty supply store and she said that she's going to the wedding with you!"
"Mom, I'm really busy and I just got home from work." I'm not busy.
"Well, sorry. I just had to ask because I was checking up on you."
"Well, you're forgiven, but now everyone at the wedding's going to think I'm a total homosexual. And, yes, I paid my loan last week. Do you want people to think I'm a lesbian? Is that something you're comfortable with?"
(No answer.) She's ignoring my outburst and waiting for me to move on to a different subject.
"Okay, Mom. Well, I have to go because I'm really busy. Loveyoubye."
I sat in my chair with my ham 'n cheese, thinking that maybe I was a little harsh with her. A little. Funny thing is, I miss her and I really wanted to talk to her.

My slutty friend is out in San Francisco working on his law/emo degree. He didn't even tell that he left until he had already moved out there. This is something he shared with me yesterday. He thinks he is so funny. I did, however, steal a half-joke from him once, and so his point's got some merit to it:
"visited your blog. you or i really need to get around to writing you some new material."
Oh, yeah. I was re-re-reaccepted back into the UW today. Whatever.
4 comments:
I miss your Mom. She's a super lady.
Good point. I really did come from an excellent gene pool.
we'll be the hottest psuedo- dykes in there... and then, the boys will think we're even hotter because they think we'd do them together. But little do they know, no gent we should meet in New London will be able to handle BOTH OF US!!!
Also a really, really good point, Tam Tam. However, I will be wearing a shirt that says, "I'm not a lesbian but my girlfriend is!" in order to make my heterosexuality very, very clear.
Post a Comment